Located adjacent the 1916 Morganton Railroad Depot and Museum in downtown Morganton, NC, Sidetracked Brewery handcrafts artisanal beers alongside our cozy taproom with an old industrial feel.
At Morganton Depot
609 S. Green St.
Fri - 1–11pm
Sat - 12-11pm Sun - 1-8pm Mon - closed
We craft an ever-expanding variety of beers,
with a few staples that can be found at our taproom and in local bars
on a regular basis. Here are some that we plan to keep making:
- Whistleblower - Sour American pale wheat ale, brewed with 60% wheat malt and soured with a blend of 12 bacteria in the kettle. Each release features a new variety of fruits introduced in secondary.
- Thomas the Dank Engine - New England style IPA utilizes grains, yeast and processes developed through years of experimentation by our head brewer to highlight the absolute essence in flavor and aroma of fruity new-world hops.
- CrossTie Brown - American brown ale brewed with a complex array of toasted, roasted, caramel and brown malts and just enough American hops to balance and create a memorable and enjoyable brew.
- Light Rail - American Blonde Ale offers a clean and approachable character in a light bodied but fully satisfying brew. Delicate notes of wheat malt, dextrine malt, and Belma hops give this ale a distinct flavor that is at once familiar yet all its own.
- Absolute Block - Irish Dry Stout Beginning by replicating the traditional water profile of Dublin, Ireland, we continued to brew a stout so true to the traditional style it will have you singing the praises of Charlie Mopps for donkey's years.
- Bessemer Process - Pale Ale An authentic American pale ale is a work of art, a study in balance between caramel malt tones and hefty amounts of classic American hops. Ours is not a re-named IPA as is common, but a true, traditional, balanced pale ale.
- Weizenbahn - Hefeweizen A Bavarian water profile, a famous German weizen yeast strain, complex mashing and fermentation regimens, over 60% wheat malt in the grist, and the sum of years of study in this style yield a masterpiece.
Come by our taproom to see what else we've been up to; a new beer or spin-off is released EVERY FRIDAY!
The Sidetracked Story
pursuit of a dream
Sidetracked Brewery was started in June of 2017 as a craft beer taproom. Seth and Emily Murray, A pair of newlyweds from the Carolinas had tired of their jobs in corporate America and determined to chase their dream of owning a small business. Being lovers of craft beer and having fallen in love with Morganton, the duo decided to set up shop downtown, right next to the historic train depot.
After a few months in business, they happened to meet Joseph Ackerman, a professional brewer, while hosting a tap takeover. The three hit it off, and began brainstorming about converting the taproom into a brewery. In January of 2018, a few weeks before the brewhouse was set to arrive, Joseph left his previous brewing job and partnered with the Murrays to help with the brewery buildout. By March, the first hand-crafted ale was on tap in the taproom, and by May the tap wall was completely filled with beers made in house.
Sidetracked is a brewery committed to excellence in brewing tradition, beer culture, and innovation. Our mission is to better the community through providing sustainably sourced, high quality beer brewed by people that love North Carolina and for the people of North Carolina... and any visitors that happen along I-40.
Online store coming soon!